Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saving a place for you...


I love place cards. Even if there are not enough guests to warrant them. They are a lovely touch, a thoughtful touch. You have cared enough about each guest to place them at your table "just so".

Besides, "A general scramble to sit where one can find room is unpleasantly confusing." -Emily Post, 1937

These place card cookies, ordered for a dinner party tonight were my last Valentine hurrah. Ten place cards with cookies. Eleven cookies did not make the cut. Pretty and yummy but not perfect. The unchosen and the chosen were delivered together. Before I was out the door the hostesses sons, one teen and two pre-teens were pouring big glasses of milk and smiling. Happy Valentines Day Brendan, Skyler and Taylor. And Happy Valentines Day Ben, a pre-pre-teen who has been a cookie fan for years! His mom says he is enthralled with all things Kathe. It doesn't get much sweeter than that.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Finally, comments! I love this post, and your blog is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Post a Comment

Archive