Friday, July 13, 2007

The house was already a mess, and now this.


Arm loads of hydrangea blossoms are scattered all over the living room floor. It sounds lovely, romantic even, but it's not. This is the living room that needed a good cleaning (two weeks ago). But! Today was the day to pick the white hydrangeas that have turned pale, pale green. Hydrangea drying is not a scientific process so it suits me quite well. Sometimes I hang them upside down in the basement, the basement manager vetoed that idea this morning. Sometimes I leave them in a vase with no water and sometimes I scatter them on newspapers under the piano.

Sometimes they never dry but just stay damp and limp, sometimes they turn brown. Every once in a while they dry to perfection retaining that lovely pale shade of green. I am hopeful that having been strewn gently in a sunny room they will repay in kind and age gracefully.

This all presumes our BIG Daisy dog does not think "Oh, how lovely!"
She does have a penchant for napping under the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive