My first duet.
I love coffee, I love tea,
I love the boys and the boys love me.
Tell your momma to hold her tongue;
She had a fella when she was young.
My Mother sat next to me on the piano bench. She played the lower notes and held her hand over mine showing me the right keys for the upper part.
While we played she sang the words. I was eight.
To me, there was something very wrong with a song that said, "tell your momma to hold her tongue."
I think I would have been catapulted into the middle of the following week had I told my Mother to hold her tongue. Referring to her as Momma would not have gone over well either.
The angst I felt was more than worth it. At the same time her hand gently hovered over mine, her right thigh was pressed against my left one and we sang a silly song.
I love iced coffee. Having only had coffee once hot... now cold... for iced coffee, I had no idea how yummy iced coffee should be! My daughter sent me the method for cold pressed coffee. Every measuring cup, strainer and big bowl I have is now dirty but the coffee is delicious!
My daughter calls me Momma and I love it. To me, it's a term of endearment, it has a softness about it. Mother sounds too harsh, Mommy is for babies and Mom is just too short. Momma is just right. Now I feel like Goldilocks!



1 comment:
hi mrs. k! my mom's a momma too. we feel just the same way. and that it's "momma," not "mama," which is what babies say.
Post a Comment