Pay attention!
Letting the dog out first thing in the morning the outside air has a welcoming freshness.
Wandering from room to room the sunlight is softer and clearer, the shadows lower and longer.
Anxious to let in the morning breeze I open the windows. The bugs are no longer making a fevered screech. They have either worn themselves out or have been rehearsing all summer, now starting the day in harmony.
Still lush and abundant, the green leaves outside my studio window bow from their branches in a knowing way.
We will still have days that are scorchers. Then there will be evenings you grab a sweater. And then, there is always Indian Summer.
The week in October you COULD skip through the crispy leaves in flip-flops. Of course being a New England girl I would not, I could not.
That is still two months away, but the first signs of Fall are there, if, you pay attention.



1 comment:
oh yes they are! to me, today is the first "hot coffee" day in months...
Post a Comment