taking a moment
I make things.
And if I didn't make it, I embellish it.
I like to combine things to be pleasing to my eye.
And I like everything to have an edge or something contrary about it.
Colors that push each other a bit.
Otherwise things just end up too precious.
And sparkle. My love of glitter goes so far back,
I can feel it in my bones.
All the way back to the tiny gift cards my Grandmother
put on my packages. Just a touch of silver glitter.
And to the dress-up dress she gave me one year for Christmas.
As in play dress-up. A dress with a red tulle skirt sprinkled with...
silver glitter! (There were matching glittery high heels).
Of course there was always THE Christmas dress. Pink organdy piped with pink velvet, midnight blue velvet with eyelet peeking out from under the sleeves, slate silk with a bright blue velvet sash, the woman had impeccable taste, what can I say?
Just letting you know of my long standing glitter love.
Today as I went about making the beds, making bread and making lunch I noticed something very pretty.
The sun shining on the bathroom table.
Some things are beautiful, just the way they are.



No comments:
Post a Comment