Sunshine on a cloudy day.
Today is a gray, on the cool side day. The mess on my studio table is not only broad, it is deep. Methodically I will sort the pens, the inks, the scraps of odd bits of painted on paper. The tools, brushes and bottle cap palettes will be put away. Even yesterday's music, The Fifty Greatest Love Songs of Elvis will go.
With a clear surface I will begin anew. Gently I will mix Windsor Newton's Permanent Rose pigment with their mixing white and stir in drops of water. When the shade and the consistency are just right, with brush in hand, I will begin today's pleasure. Painting a lovely new monogram on small squares of thick French paper. Arches Aquarelle, the most exquisite paper on Earth. I could write a sonnet about this paper, really I could. Thick and dreamy, white but creamy. Everything I do on this paper is lovlier simply because of the paper. I purchase it in unwieldy sheets, cut and trim by hand and for today, end up with a stack of over 100 small squares. I make the most of the beautiful deckle edges and always save my favorite corner with its elegant embossing for me. The perks, you know,the perks.
With a clean table and a centered self, my brush will dip and glide over and over creating a new monogram in honor of a lovely couple joining together from this day forward. What an honor for me! The three ribbons, the bride's choice for he favors...lemon sables--and OH! I get to make those too, stay for inspiration (and sunshine). Okay, I confess, Elvis stays as well. And no, not because of his pouty lips and bedroom eyes, I mean really what better music could I choose today?
Well, that and The Four Season's belting out Sherry.



1 comment:
I truly hope that some day all of your lovely/inspiring blogs will be bound together and sold to those of us that cherish each word that you write!!
Post a Comment