Sunday, February 14, 2010

For my children


Love is patient,
Love is kind;
Love does not envy or boast;
It is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way;
It is not irritable or resentful;
It does not rejoice at wrong doing,
But rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things,
Believes all things,
Hopes all things, endures all things.
-1 Corinthians 13:4-7

One child has been married, the other has become engaged this year.
Their father and I have been married for nearly thirty-six years. These verses we recited at our wedding and other sacred family occasions.
As a young bride, I thought, of course, of course all of that is true. Looking back over the years, I say, I am so very grateful, all of that is true.

1 comment:

Eliz. K said...

oh my goodness! last weekend was so crazy!

Pink icing is so fun-- that one turned out bright too! we had plenty in the fridge, and cwk reminded me about it, as I almost made more to ice the rolls! I'm glad he doesn't take offense to pink things :-)

Being a Native American storyteller was an adventure, and I only had half a voice for day or two afterward. I'm glad the festival is over, but I was also glad to be part of it.

I hope you have a wonderful beginning to March!

love!

Post a Comment

Archive