Monday, February 28, 2011

Join me.

I have declared for myself, March, as as a month of exquisite self care. in spite of the photo I have chosen I do not define exquisite self care as keeping one's nose powdered.

To me, exquisite self care results in a balanced feeling of well being. Despite all the obligations we all have on a daily basis I have come to know caring for and about oneself, filling your own well, so to speak, gives us the greatest chance of "being there" for jobs, family, ourselves, any demands really, self chosen or not.

I have a few sure fire tricks:

Make the bed ASAP from getting out of it, not looking at an unmade bed and feeling like a slob because of it, is a good thing for me.
Next I fight the urge to consume only carbs for breakfast. If oatmeal or yogurt with fruit wins, I am assured not to have a snack attack at 4pm.

I exercise and get fresh air. I can not always do exercise I love: Ride horses and bikes, kayak or swim, do Reformer Pilates or Yoga. Some days, I just have to go for a walk or go to the gym and ride the bike there. Some days I have to force myself outside. I do not like to be too hot or too cold and really do not like being wet unless I am in water. None the less, I do something physical because it makes me feel good. How can something you do not really like doing make you feel good? Don't know, can't say.

I try to have some time to read, let my imagination run wild while looking at a bag of pink baubles and such. But I do work, and can not always fit it all in. So, where is the balance, how do you maintain an even keel? Please share, I am looking for inspiration. I look forward to posting what I am doing to practice exquisite self care and hope you will share what works for you!

Starting tomorrow, March First, I want to hear how you do it! Share in the comments, which are accessed by clicking on the tittle of the current post. It will be marvelous to have the feeling of coming into March like a lion and going out like a lamb.

2 comments:

Eliz. K said...

Today I went running/loving the sunshine and blue sky, after which I enjoyed a bowl of granola and strawberries. (I also crashed with a short nap later... does that count? :-)

Kathe said...

A nap counts in MY book!

Post a Comment

Archive