Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We interrupt the normally scheduled show to bring you the following emergency announcement.

He's done it again.

I have tried my best to be charming and sweet in the face of previous breakage.

The note, left with the evidence says, "I just picked it up by it's lip and it broke - I am so sorry
: ( can you ever find one so pretty : ( "

Who picks up a four pound early American pressed glass biscuit jar by the lip? Mind you this portly beauty did not even have a lip, just a beautiful smooth over 100 year old edge.

This is war.

My defense strategy is to shop. Every antique shop I can get to today, along with a nice lunch along the way. Seems the least I can to to prevent a scene this evening.

I am all about keeping the peace and the balance. One must set limits on how much of their life ends up in shards.

I say replace the breakage, there is enough broken in life that a day of antiquing can not fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive