Thursday, January 19, 2012

A year? Say it isn't true!


I am like the Magpies of Herend's Rothschild Bird. I love sequins and prisms, glitter and rhinestones, old keys and pearls. Sparkle, anything that sparkles catches my fancy.

Surely had I been feathering my nest I would have been tempted by a pearl necklace. It was, after all, just lying there, waiting for the Princess to adorn herself for her wedding. No one would mind and it would look so exquisite festooning my nest.

Well they did notice and they did retrieve her necklace from the Magpie's nest and the whole county rejoiced when it was discovered.

In celebration a magnificent china pattern was designed depicting the birds and the flowers, insects and the necklace. Imagine a china pattern decorated with birds, nests and swags of pearl necklaces! How fanciful! How charming a story! How happy a bride?
If I could design a china pattern for you I would, and it would be splashed with bouquets like the one I have made for you and it would be called A Mother's Muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive