Monday, January 9, 2012

This day.


I was beginning to wonder where I had gone. I was unsure I'd be back, and then it snowed.


I headed out into the darkness and saw such beauty, I had to share. The snow will be gone tomorrow, the remaining Christmas lights? Perhaps not tomorrow, but soon.


Snow lays so softly taking with it the sharp edges of life, it wins me over every time and I am again, a child.


Magnolia's are part of my southern life, but snow, the love of snow and how it changes the world are in my New England soul.


I look back and play dodge ball sifting through my memories, the wheat from the chaff.


Just a dusting really. Had it not been for the snow, the bough would not be.


The light in the evening leaves much to the imagination.


I am smitten, over and over with glee. Could anything be more fun than to come upon this while out for a night time walk?


The remains of Christmas welcome me back home.


Some things are just too beautiful to let disappear no matter how delicious they might be.


Daily I watch, I turn the pot and water drop by drop. Once a crooked neck squash, now standing straight and tall, all it took was a little devotion.


The remains of my day: Christmas tea,


Kumquat cardamom jelly,


An empty Martini glass,


and the soft glow of the fire.


I wish for you a year of fulfilled hopes and dreams, courage and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive