Tuesday, September 18, 2007

If I had only known.


I had pretty much given up hope. Daisy just never got into the spirit of the outdoor shower. It had been one of my hopes, or maybe practical justifications for an outdoor shower in the first place. Daisy would be one spit spot dog.

Every sunshiny day we'd head out. I'd beckon her to come on in, the water's fine. Not on your life was the look I would got. Besides, who is going to protect you if we are both in there with soap in our eyes? I have to bark at anything that moves while YOU shower.

So that has been our routine, I shower, Daisy stands guard.

Until today. Today she laid outside the shower with those front paws peeking under the enclosure. Next thing her nozzle was there and a pair of eyes looking up at me. Come on in Daisy. And she did. She pretty much was a water hog. I scrubbed her coat, bubbles galore. A power washer would have been helpful for the rinse, it took so long she laid down! I guess it was the feeling of a gentle rain she like so much. That, and the good long time of me massaging her getting all those bubbles out!

Out she went, leaving me covered in her hair and short on hot water.
A sopping wet dog can pick up a lot of dirt in just a few minutes! Most of it came off with a good rub down, see that pink and white polka dot towel there? I am pretty sure it was not designed with dogs in mind. So there you have it, we are both kind of clean. A half a bottle of Frederic Fekkai clean!

Would have had the dog shampoo out there today if I had only known.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive