Thursday, September 20, 2007

Just one whiff.


Forty seven miles there and forty seven miles back. To gaze at, touch, and smell tack. And to remember a life so unemcombered that owning, loving and caring for a horse was my sweetest reward.

Every so often I just have to take a drive, leave the sailing capitol of the world and drive past miles of white Maryland fences. Fences that never meet at the corners so horse and rider can travel miles seamlessly.

Anything and everything you and your horse could possible need or desire is in this tiny shop, The Surrey. I asked permission to take a few photographs. The owner was hesitant and asked why. I used to shop here I explained and would just like to have a few pictures. No answer. She wanted to know if there was anything else she could help me with. Shamelessly I told her, really I had come just for the smell. She grinned, ahhh yes, the smell. Take all the pictures you want, and enjoy them, but you know you will have to come back for the smell.

I know.

1 comment:

molly | mommycoddle.com said...

oh yes, that smell...fortunately I get to smell it pretty often these days...

you were very close to me, by the way. i checked out the shop online. i've never been, but it looks like such a neat place!

thanks again, for another sweet comment...

Post a Comment

Archive