Friday, October 26, 2007

Sunshine on a cloudy day.


When I woke up yesterday I thought hmmmm this will be a good day to get a few chores done around the house. I wiped a few counters, emptied a few waste baskets, did a little laundry and decided, thats enough, the place looks great.

It was dark and rainy and blustery. Hmmmm I thought, this will be a good day to light a few candles, put on some music and cook. I mean when do I decide it's a great day to make beef stew and not have to go to the store for everything but the onions? Yesterday! Ditto for cornbread ala Rose, Muesli biscuits and magic cookie bars. Beef stock, cornmeal, figs, coconut, chocolate, leftover roast beef and everything in between was all right here. For once.

So when Poppa Bear got home the house was still a little dusty and some dog hair clouds were rolling about the floor. No matter. Candles were lit, good smells in the kitchen, and someone was much more cheerful than had they spent the day doing chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive