Saturday, March 8, 2008

Somethin' Good


I will admit J. Crew has a slick look. Instantly, well, maybe fifteen minutes and $700. later you can look pretty great. As great as however many people are out there shopping and putting those same darling outfits together.

The Villager, Ladybug, Lanz, Bernardo, Pappagallo, Capezio, all labels from the sixties are back in one fell swoop, at J. Crew.

Only, something is missing.

So when I got sucked into the store the other day by a pair of sunshine lemon suede flats I was smitten as well by a madras clutch purse adorned with a grosgrain bow and a rhinestone buttony thing.

I carried it around for a while...I was THIS close, and put it back. It was a fake. But, no question that clutch has haunted me.

I am taking matters into my own hands. This picture, that might look like a pile of rubble is really pieces from three cocktail hats, lots of sparkly jewelry, and yes, an authentic 1967 madras clutch.

Bits and pieces from my past. "Somethin' tells me I'm in for somethin' good."

I am just waiting for a day springy enough to christen my sunshiny lemon flats, I'll be the one with the cute madras clutch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive