Chocolate Cherry Update
I had really been excited about making something combining the chocolate and the cherries. Chocolate bread with juicy cherries all through it. A pound cake weighed down with chocolate and cherries.
Cherry chocolate chunk ice cream? Cherry crepes with chocolate sauce?
The possibilities were endless. Sadly, it was not to be. The pitter/chopper balked! Balked, I tell you! You know how I feel about chocolate said the B. (balker) I do, it stands alone, gets poured on vanilla ice cream or nestled into cookies. And cherries? In a pie, in vanilla ice cream or on their own.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
So there you have it. A cherry pie and a stack of chocolate chip cookies. Given the possibilities, a little underwhelming one might think. Until you taste them. I can not tell a lie, that is one perfect pie.
The crust was still marbled with butter while being rolled, the cherries plump and almost over ripe. And anyway, how could a cherry pie dare to come in second in that pie dish?
I really prefer to make chocolate chip cookies with chopped dark chocolate rather than the chips from the yellow bag. You have to sift out the chocolate dust after chopping so you don't get marble chip cookies, but it's worth it. Because I had some, I upped the odds with cultured butter. All organic ingredients as always aside from the vanilla. But trust me, you can't buy vanilla made with Grey Goose...it's better than organic!
The bottom line is, stacking the deck in ones favor even applies to cherries and chocolate. And the B. is a happy man.
Can she bake a cherry pie, Billy Boy, Billy Boy?
Can she bake a cherry pie, charming Billy?
She can bake a cherry pie
Quick's a cat can wink her eye.
She's a young thing and can not leave her Mother.



1 comment:
beautiful pie and cookie stack!! better bring me one of those cookies...
Post a Comment