Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bold.


When I was young, bold was a derogatory word, as was fresh.
Don't be bold young lady, don't be fresh young lady!
How often did I hear those words?
Many years later, not only am I fresh (and proud of it!) I am bold.
Perhaps that is why my shy and diminutive drawings have taken on global proportions -- and a fair amount of bling.
Don't ask me how, don't ask me why.
Until today, I had taken a six month!! hiatus from drawing.
I didn't miss it, I didn't want to do it.
Perhaps I had literally fried myself cooking.
I don't know.
But, today, the day before my best friend's birthday I put pen to paper.
I tried to shop for her present, nothing. So I decided all I could do was roll up my sleeves and bake and make.
And paint, and glitter, and spangle and rhinestone. With my heart, and my soul because this friend has seen me through it all. And I know she would do it all again if need be.
If you don't have a friend who inspires you to prance on your toes and reach for the stars, go look for one. Just don't take mine.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECK! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive