The Cupcake Bandwagon
A cupcake shop has opened nearby, and another one is coming.
How they can sell enough cupcakes to pay rent mystifies me. Heck, how they can MAKE enough cupcakes to pay the rent baffles me!
Hmmmmm. Competition.
I spent my morning alone. The breeze blew through my six kitchen windows, Carly Simon sang, and our dog, Daisy, kept me company.
I baked lots and lots of babycakes.
While they cooled I went into the back yard and picked tiny marigolds, nasturtiums, lemon thyme and mint in bloom.
The icing, flecked with vanilla bean seeds lent itself to the look I was going for.
Fresh flowers and herb leaves, a sprinkling of English rainbow sugar for sparkle. Perfect for a nature loving bride to be.
Really, we all stand alone. If you just steadfastly do what makes you happy there is no competition. No one can do what you do because they are not you.



No comments:
Post a Comment