Brown paper package-hold the string.
This parcel has been sitting here, tempting me for 10 days-at least.
My husband kept moving it to a place so in my face. Finally I screamed, "Do you not see the Open Aug. 6th note??? STOP putting it on the counter, I know it's there, I am waiting for Aug. 6th" Pfew, what a struggle.
So, the package and I were equally patient, until today. Until around six o'clock tonight when the time had come.
Inside, an impossible to find but better than home made (and remember how I earn my living!!) Dromendary Gingerbread cake mix, a so perfect Molly original birthday card, (no details divulged as she is a businesswoman) AND an Orla Kiely note book...the one with the cars. Oh boy. Does this girl know me or what?
Well, I guess it is no surprise she knows me so well. I started babysitting for her a short while after she was born. She is the only child I have ever known that could sit so still, on my lap, for hours on end while I pen and inked, that no line went astray. She just took it all in. So today, my birthday, I remember the sweet smell of the back of toddler Molly's neck... a little bit missing those days of long ago. Thank you Molly.



1 comment:
kathe, happy birthday! you are so amazing, and i don't overuse that word the way some people do. hope to not mail anything else and visit soon!
xoxmolly
Post a Comment