Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Shower Flower Power


I know, I have been known to brag a little bit that I have an outdoor shower. And that my son made it for me, and that I go out there all different times of the day and pretend I am standing (sans clothes) in a midsummer rain.

At the beginning of this summer we added a boulder to the shower. It works perfectly for a bench AND is a lovely pinkish shade. So now, I can plop myself down in the midsummer rain and contemplate the world (as I know it) 'till the hot water runs out.

Well, I am no longer showering alone. That is, if I go late enough in the day, or early enough in the morn I get to shower with lots of these huge moon flowers. They vanish in the bright sun. Moon flowers twirling up and around the posts, blooming their hearts out all from ONE seed I planted in May. And I don't even have a green thumb. And if I did have a colored thumb, it would be P_ _ K. Pink moon flowers would sure be pretty! Some people always want more icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive