What is wrong with this picture?
Should there be a doily on the cake plate?
Who cares.
Are the Babycakes too small for their tiny glassine plates?
Nope they're fine.
No napkins? No forks?
No need.
How is the ratio of icing to cake?
Perfect.
Are their too many Hundreds and Thousands?
Impossible.
So, what is wrong with this picture?
I will tell you:
I don't have any little people coming home from school anymore.
How did I let that happen?
"What's for snack, Mom?"-- is a memory.
A happy memory even, but it's just not the same as kids coming through the door, kisses, tales of the day and "can I go out and play?"
I can only hope the rough and tumble ten year old boy who comes over after school to play with the dog is up for a spot of tea.



1 comment:
hey kathe, so good to hear from you! i love your cup cakes. i remember afternoon snack was something to look forward to when i was younger. what a fun memory for your kids to have as well! hope all is well with you!
Post a Comment