Made just for you.
Who doesn't want to open a snack box made especially for them?
Put together with care, nourishing in so many ways.
My Mother packed our lunches, everything carefully wrapped in waxed paper. We had thermos' filled with milk, a sandwich, fruit, carrots and a cookie. Packing lunches for four kids for what must have felt like forever.
My oldest brother was leaving for college when my youngest brother was born...that defines forever to me! I have fond memories of clanging lunch boxes. The start of a school year meant a new lunch box and I can pretty much remember all of mine.
Then came the mother of all boxed lunches. My husband and I were leaving Cape Cod for Nantucket and the inn staff asked if we would like a boxed lunch for the ferry. We boarded the ferry with our bicycles, my going away flowers and our boxed lunches. Newlyweds, thirty miles out to sea, eating lobster salad sandwiches.
Thus, my love affair with a boxed lunch.



3 comments:
Kathe,
Thank you for sharing your lunch box story. It's makes me look forward to making lunches someday! That newlywed lunch sounds good right about now.
And lunches are always best when someone else makes them for you... or maybe that's just *my* theory because *you* always made my lunches! I was thinking of you when I had not one but two train meals this past weekend...neither as elegantly packed as my little train snack a couple of weeks ago, but the cup of mulligatawny soup, 1/2 sanwich of ham & brie on raisin bread, tangerine and lemon-ginger soda from Dean & Deluca wasn't too shabby, either!
Mandy, lunches are fun to pack...just had to send them (those little people) out the door!
and Melissa, that's my girl! xo to you both!
Post a Comment