Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Be still my foolish heart.

I knew it was going to be a good walk. The air was warm(ish) and not a cloud to be seen. Heading for the beach I realized the winter had gone by without a fairy ice siting. I did not walk or play much. I went to the gym, burned my calories and came home. No fun in that!!! An apple in hand and an hour to enjoy I was ready to take in all signs of spring. Little did I know the moment I reached the beach eighteen midshipmen would be out rowing, a handsome sight of spring! The wind was blowing strongly and they were rowing against it even more strongly, whipping through the water.
Feeling like a kid, examining miniature tidal pools, thinking how, when I was little I loved to come upon such things with doll in hand declaring it my private doll beach.
The sun went down and the chill felt good. I took the woodsy route home, passing snowdrops and crocus on the banks of the ravine. Over time these bulbs must have spilled over the yards above and latched onto the earth of the steep incline along my path.
I take my cell phone when I walk. Or, I am trying to train myself to, because my family thinks I should. Can you believe I had to fight the urge to check my email while I was on this beautiful walk? What is the matter with me? Habits encroach invisibly! No beating up of self, I am sure that is a rule of good self care.
I found a little patch of green in my own little garden, trying for all it's worth to be shined upon.
That's a lot of bang for your buck in an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive