Sunday, May 8, 2011

"A Mother is a Story with No Beginning"

Hello. Pardon the intrusion, this is Melissa - the daughter. My mom doesn't know I'm here, but seeing as I once upon a time set this site for my mom (who then turned around and mastered Blogger, Flickr, etc. within a matter of days) I have the password! Ha! Now my only claim to fame is a secret yearly gift to my mom, the domain kathekramer.com. Now that my "techie" skills are no longer needed, it makes me happy to know that I can renew her "presence" on the web and continue to have a small hand in what has grown into so much more than a place to put her portfolio.



This is for you, mom. Not my words, but I know how much you admire Mr. Frost's.

The Silken Tent
by Robert Frost

She is as in a field a silken tent
At midday when the sunny summer breeze
Has dried the dew and all its ropes relent,
So that in guys it gently sways at ease,
And its supporting central cedar pole,
That is its pinnacle to heavenward
And signifies the sureness of the soul,
Seems to owe naught to any single cord,
But strictly held by none, is loosely bound
By countless silken ties of love and thought
To every thing on earth the compass round,
And only by one's going slightly taut
In the capriciousness of summer air
Is of the slightlest bondage made aware.

[photo by Kate Devlin, January 2011]

2 comments:

kathe said...

Thank you my lovely guest blogger. I am honored. I would like to add in the photo Kate Devlin captured of me I was in the dressing room with my bride. It may appear I was only spritzing my face with sparkle dust. In actuality, the past 32 years were flashing before me while I prayed all hopes and dreams come true in the future. Motherhood defines multitasking. It has been my pleasure, thank you.

vanessa said...

what a precious post! and i love the photo. super sweet. i was so pleased to see your comment on my blog kathe. it's been far too long since i've said hi. i hope you are doing well, and that you had an enjoyable mother's day.
xo,
vanessa

Post a Comment

Archive