Monday, June 13, 2011

Reflecting light.

I must say, had I ever seen anything remotely like these shoes through my five year old eyes I would have led a different life. I would have been able to fly and that alone would have changed things rather drastically.

With a click of my heels my jumble of shoe boxes doll house would have been a clapboard Dutch colonial. I would have had tulle crinolines instead of batiste slips. My three brothers? Ohhh, how I wanted sisters. My bedroom, pink pink, pink with a little door opening to a secret garden. Fresh sharp crayons would replace the worn down ones overnight and newsprint, the paper that gives me shivers to this day would disappear for good.

On the rare occasion I was allowed to drink from a straw I would have been encouraged to blow bubbles to my hearts content. Gum chewing permitted, teeth brushing optional. On tip toes, baby fat, begone!

After a quick glance downward, courage would replace the fear, confidence the doubt. I would not have been scared to open my bedroom closets, (very inconvenient), of playing in the back room of the barn, the climb to the tree house or getting too close to the stone walls. You know, snakes.

Yes indeed, life would have been so easy with those powerful shoes of pave sequins.
Reflection happens when something that sparkles is put in the sun. No power needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive