An edible bouquet kind of day.
It is odd for me not to have captured any of today's cooking in pictures. Cucumber soup, Joe Froggers, mint tea, a spinach quiche, roasted vegetables. All so colorful and summery, but I just wasn't in the mood, I guess. Any day that begins at the Farmer's Market is bound to be good. An abundance of fresh herbs is such a luxury, so on my counter sits a massive arrangement, completely edible, giving the kitchen an exotic greenhouse fragrance.
Wanting to check on the berries by the beach situation I headed out with 2 baskets. Good thing, one to carry the feather home and the other loaded down with the thirty five berries.The first tomatoes are in at the market. In spite of the fact that yellow tomatoes are a little off putting to me I keep trying to love them. They just tend to be a little...bland. But I buy them anyway, being a function follows form kind of girl and I can not resist yet another edible arrangement.
The geese were having a party on the shore. Having not been invited I kept my distance just listening to them frolic.
Back to the market and another edible arrangement, my husband took that photo, I commend his good eye and feel after 37 years of marriage I am rubbing off on him.
The day was hazy, but somehow light filtered through the Hollyhocks. It would have been a good day to grab a book and sail away, and do everything else another day.


No comments:
Post a Comment