Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The last day.


January is my least favorite month. I do not like to pack away holiday decorations and realize another year has passed. Since there is really nothing I can do about another year and not wanting to appear too crazy with an overload of twinkling lights on a skeleton of a tree in May, I adopted a new mindset.


"Carry on Regardless" was my family motto long before I came on the scene and one I certainly try to live up to and encourage in my next generation. For this January I tweaked it, adding, take time, slow down but keep moving in the right direction. Well I loved January! It was quiet, it was peaceful and subtle, very subtle.

I acquired a habit of afternoon tea, listened to my old records remembering myself at twelve, the perfect age for Beatlemania. I leafed through years of old Gourmet magazines thinking perhaps all those years the magazine was a little wasted on me, a young mother making young meals.
And then, one morning about one week ago I looked out my bedroom window and spotted a haze of pink. Two months early the Quince was blooming. No bees around to do their thing I clipped a big bouquet and brought in an early breath of Spring.

I was delighted to have lunch with the bride just prior to her first anniversary...she was radiant and relaxed.

And then there was the news of a tiny heart beating strong and true. I am really glad I got my pearls in a row early on, we are looking at another banner year!!

1 comment:

alice c said...

How wonderful - so much to be grateful for and to look forward to! x

Post a Comment

Archive