Good Day Sunshine
Give me a blue sky and 28 degrees in February and I am a happy woman. My heart is lighter, my outlook bright and all things seem possible. If Pollyanna and Poppins are coming to mind, I wouldn't go that far. Today, with the cerulean skies, sunshine comes in from all directions.I watched saffron threads steep; sunshine in a bowl.

I remember being given a crate of Maryland agriculture products at my legislative job thirty-six years ago. Thirty-six years! The vision has shifted from look at what Maryland produces to the reality of having so very much so very close to home.
Golden rolls with the crunch of cornmeal. Delicious for hamburgers or toasted and slathered with jam, and pretty much everything else as well! After painting on a coat of sun, saffron bread scents my kitchen of sun filled Spain. Since I carried a small pouch of the pungent threads back from Tarragona and am delighting in memories of a lifetime, I won't let the little fact that it had to travel so far cloud the day.


No comments:
Post a Comment