A force to be reckoned with
Inspiration had caught me up like the swirling whirlpools of leaves on a fall day.
Everyday, and often in the wee hours of the morning creativity tips the scale of practicality. Laundry is unfolded, emails unanswered, meals not planned.
A fresh outlook, the glass half full, the promise of spring, letting go, listening to yourself and believing what you hear add up to freedom, the soil of creativity.
So this is the wave I am riding right now. Color, and lots of it, walks on paths I have not walked, pushing the envelope and finding a rhythm at the same time.
Each day holds the possibility of an adventure. A collage finally made, color splashed in unexpected places, fresh fabrics, flowerbeds, books to write and illustrate, friends to make, walks along damp sand, endless possibilities. It kind of puts me in a state of of being on a high and exhausted at the same time.
"I'll have to pace myself. But I come from New England stock here."
~Senator Edward M. Kennedy, February 22, 2009



No comments:
Post a Comment