Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Now.

My mind needs a place to rest. My body, a place to relax. I want to be flooded with the happiest of memories. The mantle seemed like a good place to start. shells collected over the years, votives from a winter wedding
Tall summer drinks while picnicking at the races. the jigger, a gift to my daughter long ago
The grace of a horse to grant his rider to be one with him. oh, to ride on fields of green
Watching lemon slices become like stained glass. being entranced by the process
Ice cold ripe to perfection fruit. remembering the fruity burst of cold from a Popsicle
A lushious soap, called Summer, just in time for the outdoor shower. thank you Elizabeth, for taking the time to know me
The water falls like rain, the stones beneath my feet are cool. Chris, you built me a haven
From inside, the flowers dance. the lights from my grandmother's barn cast shadows of leaves above my childhood bed
Blueberries are waiting, waiting to become jam. summer rituals comfort
Drawing daily, ideas rush in and my hands cannot keep up. putting pen to paper soothes my soul
In summer I prefer to drink my morning coffee from a bowl. cafe au lait bowls worked well for children's cereal
Beautiful brunettes, youth, energy, brains. if I could, I would do it all over again, exactly the same
( I claim the second from the right )~photo by my charming son in law
"You give us those nice bright colors. You give us the greens of Summer. Makes you think all the world's a sunny day." ~ Paul Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive